Wednesday, July 20, 2011

'What's in it for me?"...language Realtors speak with us "outsiders." My rant.

Credit to Jerry Bronstrup, President of Bristol Restoration. Please check out our links to see WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU AND YOUR CLIENTS. THANK YOU. 

Contact: Jerry Bronstrup Jerry@bristolbuilders.org (661) 294.1812

I have so many solid leads for agents that I can not give them out fast enough. Do you want one, please? RESPA has also given me the green light to provide all print materials to you for free, that's right, absolutely at no cost to you. You want postcards sent to your farm area twice a week... no problem, consider it done! I am also guaranteeing that if any one of your buyer leads, qualified or not, do not buy a home with you within the first 3 property views, I will personally buy any home from you within 3 days to offset any wasted time on your end. In fact, just through a couple of listings on a dart board and let's have some fun! Oh, I forgot to mention, I also provide a service to your clients that you might find helpful. I do repairs and fix systems, you know like electrical and plumbing...things that your clients might want to have in good working condition in the house. I'm sorry, what did you say? Oh, yes, of course, I am on your side. I will do exactly what you say to close the transaction. We can deal with the hidden mold problem later. In fact, I kind of see it as just discoloration too. I can not wait to do more business with you! You know what they say how one hand washes the other. I am here to wash your hands. In fact, I am a professional hand washer and your dirty hands need washing quite a bit I see.
Ok... here is my rant.
I spoke with a Realtor about our services this morning who frankly asked me, "What's in it for me?" Ok, let's start with, "We fix homes, we make sure home systems such as electrical and plumbing, are safe and to code. We cure issues that only a licensed, bonded, and fully insured contractor can do.. legally and ethically. We make sure your clients are taken care by providing a house free from hidden problems in regards to property condition."
Wah, wah, wah, wah... I am like Charlie Brown's teacher... until. Until I drop the bomb... I can market your listing for free on our website by cross linking your site with our new site we are about to launch at the end of the month. All of the sudden, he perks up and I am no longer speaking in a foreign language. This is a pattern taking place with new Realtors that I meet. Why? Is it because someone has told them all service providers are "tools" to close a transaction or acquire more leads? 
I have been meeting with Realtors for years. I have an open door invite into many our offices our area. I am not there to sell my services, nor I am there to sell their services. I am there because we share something in common... people. We work together to serve clients by giving them best possible real estate transaction and experience. We can do this best by focusing on "What can we do for them?". NOT... "What can you do for me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment